About five years ago I was told to get off gluten because of my many allergies. When I first started my gluten free diet there was not much of a gluten free selection at the grocery stores. Eating a lot of corn and rice got old pretty quick, so I ended up cheating a lot on my diet. When I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about three years ago, I found that getting off gluten was recommended. I decided It was time to stick to the gluten free diet to see if it would help with the pain. Fortunately, for me it helped a lot. While the grocery stores do carry more gluten free selections than they did before, I do like trying new products. GFreely is a monthly subscription box that contains new gluten free products and a gluten free recipe. Since most of the items are single serving sizes, it is a great way for me to try the new product to see if I like it before going and purchasing full size items. You can choose from three different plans: monthly at $25, tri-monthly at $23 saving you 8%, and for the best savings the bi-annual at $19 a month saving you over 20%. All these plans include shipping.
The April month’s box included:
- A recipe for Tropical Trail Mix
- Popcorners popped corn chips 1.1 oz: These Sea Salt flavored chips are air popped with real popcorn and has the taste of popcorn with the crunch of a chip.
- Kay’s Naturals Pretzel Sticks 1.2 oz: These cinnamon Toast flavored pretzels are crunchy and a nice change from the traditional pretzel. I like that they only have 120 calories, 12g of protein, 4g of fiber, and I especially love the flavor.
- Sheffa Zesty Snack Mix 1 oz: This really is a savory mix of chickpea noodles, roasted corn and toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- 2 Kathie’s Kitchen Super Seedz 1oz: These pumpkin seeds came in the Sea Salt and Tomato Italiano flavors. I truly enjoyed eating these tasty seeds. No more regular sunflower seeds for me!
- Justin’s Peanut Candy Bar 2 oz: A great all natural mix of dark chocolate, peanuts, caramel and nougat. Not only is this is the perfect size for a candy bar but I can pronounce all the ingredients, not to mention it is a yummy treat!
- BumbleBar Energy Bar 0.65oz: This peanut flavored energy bar not only has peanuts but it has sesame and flax seeds. Even though there is no chocolate I did enjoy the flavor and I believe would be good to have for camping and hiking trips.
- Gallo Lea Pizza Kit 11oz: This kit makes a 12” pizza crust. The kit includes sauce, crust mix and cooking paper. All you have to do is add your favorite toppings. After reading the directions it seems easy enough to make. I haven’t tried it yet because I need to get some goat cheese to make a spinach and goat cheese pizza. If I need any other pizza ideas all I need to do is open the box because the inside of the box has unusual topping ideas, grilling instructions and cooking tips! How cool is that?
|Gluten free recipe card|
I really like that GFreely gives me the opportunity to try new gluten free items that may not be available in my area yet or if they are available I just might not have tried them yet.
Visit GFreely to sign up for a monthly plan, connect with them on Facebook and Twitter to hear about specials and promotions.